Monday, April 9, 2012

Spring is a season of new beginnings....New Blog!

 I enjoy searching new ideas and found a new way to use SU's Diagonal Plate that goes over the Simply Scored tool. Here is my Lattice Card....

The video for this technique comes from France Martin, AKA "Frenchie". I have made some adjustments. Instead of scoring directly on the card, I have used a 2" x 5 1/5" strip of Rich Razzleberry Designer Paper, folded. Place this on the Diagonal Plate, long side across,  and using a strip of scrap placed at 3/4" on top of the strip, score at 1/8, 1 1/8, 2 1/8, 3 1/8, 4 1/8. Then place your strip at 1/2", and score at 3/8, 1 3/8, 2 3/8,  3 3/8, 4 3/8. Remove and cut on the score lines. Fold the ends down, as shown in sample, and glue to a stamped card. I used Baroque Motifs in Rich Razzleberry. Stamping off once on the swirl will give a better contrast to the darker flower design. Pop up the flower and add a Basic Pearl accent. You're done!  PS...It takes a little practice, but...you can punch this flower out with the Blossom Bouquet Triple Layer Punch! 

 Note:                              All products used  are Stampin' Up! and you can view the complete catalog at www.djouellette.stampinup.net . Be sure to check out my FREE Stamp Nites under my EVENTS.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Diane, I found your blog via Stampin' Connection. Welcome to blogging! It get's easier the more you do it (kinda like stamping!) I don't have the diagonal plate yet but you may have inspired me to get one! -Liz

    ReplyDelete